Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day #43 - Am I a Quitter?

Okay, so I made it through day 3 of P90X. I was so sore, I could barely move, so I decided to take a day off... plus I had heard that the yoga dvd was miserable and that's what was next for me... That evening, I had a long talk with an awesome friend who had some pretty poignant questions.

Q - What is my motive with this new workout? Am I trying to "bulk up" or merely tone and get in shape?
A - Tone. I don't need super muscles... not that I think I'd get them anyway

Q - What is the point of going so big then? As in... Why P90X when I've never worked out a day in my life?
A - No idea. It sounded like the thing to do?

Q - What about trying something that I can actually complete, instead of laying in the fetal position on the floor for 10 minutes right in the middle of the workout?
A - Grand idea! Wish I could say I was smart enough to come up with it on my own...

Q - Ever heard of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred?
A - Yes, and I may be able to get my hands on it fairly easily... on Sunday.

Q - You do realize that if you quit P90X now, you haven't failed? You're doing the smart thing by doing something that you're more capable of...
A - Yet to be determined... because I sure feel like I've failed. I guess I have for sure quit, which would make me a quitter.

So, that's the new plan. I'm going to try something a bit different first. Try to get in shape a little before I try to get in shape a lottle.

I guess it all makes sense. Why go from doing nothing, to working out full bore, 7 days a week, in the most extreme way possible... when I can ease into it... Right?

Am I crazy?

Did she sweet talk me into quitting?

Hello?

Anyone out there?

Did I totally disappoint you guys?

I sure hope not.

I feel at peace with my decision. Stay tuned...

Blessings.
431. Real talk
432. A weekend with no plans
433. A clean house
434. An hour long nap yesterday
435. Craft time today with my big girls 
436. Spring Break!!
437. Being led by the Holy Spirit 
438. Heart to heart with Miko
439. Holy Week
440. Always remembering the sacrifice of Jesus 

4 comments:

  1. Quitter. I think you need to do the P90X in 45 days instead for thinking of quitting.

    Ha! I couldn't last one day in that workout program. I'm happy to do my 45 minute girly aerobic tape when I "work out". If I can even call it a work out. Just get your heart rate up for 20 minutes 4 times a week and you'll feel the difference and see the difference too.

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something is better than doing nothing, which is what I currently do- nothing. You're not a quitter. Quitting would be cuddling up on the couch eating gallons of ice cream while watching the "biggest loser". (and even if you do that, it's okay. Sometimes we just need to indulge!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last September I went on youtube and typed in exercise routines I bookmarked about 8 of them. Then I alternated them so I wouldn't get in a muscle rut of doing the same routine everytime. It worked wonders and I lost 15#, and one jeans size. Plyometrics are the fastest way to get back in shape, and youtube is the cheapest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby you are NOT a quitter! You are one of the most intense and determined women I know. You did not quit exercising or trying to improve on your physical stature, you are just doing it in a more reasonable way. Thanks for teaching me I can change my mind and do something different. It is not necessary to kill myself to improve. As a matter of fact, eating something in small bites is much better than trying to swallow the thing at once....lol I am so very proud of you.. keep it up. I bought a cheap exercise cd that is fun and will give me a sense of accomplishment, we will see what the results are later. I love you!

    ReplyDelete