Friday, March 16, 2012

Day #40 - Something out of Nothing

I don't have a lot to say tonight... but I feel like I have to say something. I haven't posted in awhile and it's bugging me...

There are things that I could go into, but because I'm not sure who reads this, I won't (at least not tonight). There are topics that I have plenty to say about, but because I have a headache that keeps on keeping on, I won't (at least not tonight).

Instead, I'll just give a run down --

We're having unseasonably warm weather, and I'm LOVING it! All 3 of the girls have been outside enjoying the sunshine. It's pretty awesome to see them playing together and laughing. I'm so excited for what this summer means to us. We have so much to look forward to and so much to be grateful for.

Kate, Lauren and Madeline were all baptized this last Sunday. It was a beautiful day. The girls totally cooperated. Awesome! We then had a houseful of people here for lunch, which turned into dinner as we all watched the MSU basketball team win the Big Ten title. It was a wonderful day!

Kate is still really enjoying preschool. We had our first parent/teacher conference and that went pretty well. She is very shy and doesn't talk very often, but her teacher is thinking she will outgrow that. She's a smart little girl. Such a blessing. I had the privilege of staying overnight in a sleep lab with her a couple of weeks ago (sense the sarcasm in privilege?). Her test came back positive for sleep apnea, so we have surgery scheduled to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. Poor little monkey. I'm sure she'll be a trooper though.

Lauren is blossoming as well. She's always cracking us up with her wild comments and actress-like moves. She's so animated and clever. She also seems to be testing limits and boundaries to see who is in charge. We're going through some growing pains in that area, but I'm sure we'll power through. We took Lauren and Kate to their first movie this past Tuesday. Lauren's nickname is Lorax (as in the book) and has been for quite some time... Now that the movie is out, we decided (with some coaxing from a friend) to take the girls. They had a BLAST! And I have to admit, Michael and I had just as much fun, if not more. If you haven't taken a little one to the movies, I highly recommend it. It's pretty exciting.

Madeline is crazy, crazy fun, but still crazy. She's really talking and developing so quickly. Her favorite phrase is "all done too" and she's always giving kisses and "ugs" (hugs). We went to the park this week and discovered that she's a total dare devil. She loved the swings, but loved the slides even more. She was up with the big girls on the twirly slide even. The bigger and faster the better. She's gonna be hilarious as she gets older. We have been experimenting with taking her into church services now and then... It doesn't always go well... She seems to be a fairly independent little girl.

Michael is still working of course. He has also become a trustee at church and recently an usher. He will actually usher this weekend again and was saying this will be the third weekend in a row that he's worn a suit to church...lol! He's such a wonderful daddy to our little girls. I'm so lucky to have him... and one day I know they'll realize how lucky they are too. We have been planning a lot for future changes. More on that to come.

I am still in my Thursday morning bible study, and enjoying that. I'm learning so much as we work through this study. It's an actual bible study, not so much a book study as I have done in the past. I also recently attempted P90X. It lasted one day, for 20 minutes. I'm not very proud of that, but plan to start back up on Monday. I'm not real happy with the way I look right now and need to do something about that. Wish me luck!

I think I've covered most everything... Everything I want to at this point anyway... And probably bored people to near coma... Sorry... This silly headache is not leaving me feeling very creative in the writing department.

18 minutes until my Spartans play basketball tonight.

Blessings
391. Strong willed independent children
392. A strong willed independent husband
393. Good food and fellowship over the weekend
394. The blessing of baptism
395. Sharing my home with family and friends
396. Lack of sleep due to 2 girls that want to sleep with mommy
397. Girls that can behave long enough for me to snooze for 30 minutes this afternoon
398. Good telephone conversations with good friends
399. Sitting here at 905pm on March 16th listening to the crickets with all the windows open
400. The beautiful forecast for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment