Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day #42 - day 2

Okay... I've been a bit apprehensive about posting this, but I'm gonna go for it. Rip it off like a bandaid, right?

Yesterday I started working out.

Well, actually 2 weeks ago, Monday, I attempted and failed.
A week of griping, complaining, whining that I can't do it, motivated me to try again.

So try again I shall, and am.

Which brings me to this post.

I've realized that I was afraid to tell anyone what I was doing, for fear if I failed, I'd look ridiculous.

Instead, I should look at this as part of my testimony (thanks Patti).

I'm going to give it my best, and hopefully after these 90 days of busting my butt, I'll have something to show for it. I mean I WILL have something to show for it. At least I BETTER!

Yesterday was not easy. Today has been rough and I haven't even worked out yet. I have sore muscles that I didn't even realize owned! But at 2pm today, I'm starting day #2.

I've never worked out 2 days in a row before, ever. But years and babies and pounds later, I need to.
I need to feel good about myself for me, and my husband, and my kiddos. That's all super important... but more than that... I need to take care of this body God has given me.

Pray for me. Today at 2pm especially.

-S

Blessings
421. Borrowed p90x dvds
422. Great friends to support me
423. Kate cheering me on as I attempted a push up
424. A summer to look forward to
425. Exciting new things on the horizon
426. Lauren belly laughing as I typed this
427. Grilled out dinners 3 nights in a row
428. A new lawnmower
429. Weeded flowerbeds
430. Possible visitor this weekend

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Steph!! I'm praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoot whoot! you go girl. i am right behind you. So now your testimony has done what it may possibly meant to do, make your mom get busy with her exercise as well. I have had the name of that video written down to purchase for over a week now, guess this motivated me to do the darn thang. lol so i am right behind you. will begin my workout tomorrow. I love you and cheering you one with this one. I know how difficult it is to stick to this...i have tried numerous times over my lifetime. I was able to make it for 2 weeks once. WEEEEE can do this together. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go (for two reasons!) LOVE the transparency of your writing. You touch the hearts of many women out there who want to ask for help, not only with exercize but with so many things and just feel like they'll look silly if they fail. Your post was great and so honest!!

    And two- you're doing it. The first week is always really bad because your muscles are crying out from being used in a way they aren't use to- but power through!! Next week will be easier and pretty soon you'll feel good after a workout instead of dead.

    You got this Steph! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete