Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day #30 - Got me thinking...

A conversation with a friend today got me thinking...

Why do I blog?

What purpose does it serve?

Do I do it for others? Or for myself?

Do I want input or feedback? Or do I really not care?

Do people check up on me because they're interested in what's going on in my life? Or to have a good laugh? Or to judge?

Does blogging help me to lay things out so that I don't have so much floating aroud in my head? Or do I do it because I want people to see that I have so much floating around in my head?

Here's what I'm trying to get at... If I am doing this for the reason's I have told myself, why do my stats matter? Why do I check to see how many page views I've had? What difference does it make that yesterday I had 35 page views, but still only have 11 followers and not a single comment at all?? Why do I keep noticing that the only people to comment are my mother, and a friend that I talk to every day? (I mean, come on, those people know that i'm nuts - they don't need to read this to verify my cooky-ness)

What's the reason behind all of this??? And if I continue to drive myself bonkers trying to figure out who's reading what, and blocking idiots, and feeling crappy that no one comments, and missing the days that I had a ton of traffic due to facebook... does it even make sense to write publicly?

I started this as an online journal of sorts. I thought it would be interesting to look back at what was happening in my life, years down the road. But has it morphed into an unhealthy outlet like facebook did?

UGH! Why do I think so much???!!??

Maybe I need a job...

Blessings

261. Kate coming out of her shell and participating in preschool
262. Madeline's new favorite word "Poppy"
263. Lauren being 16 days away from 3 years old
264. Reminders to cherish the time with loved ones
265. True friendships
266. Real feelings
267. Michael finally coming home today
268. The look on his face when the girls ran to him
269. The excitement in my babies when they saw their daddy
270. Surprise lunch at Subway
271. Getting back into our routine
272. Red paint
273. A weekend ahead with no plans
274. Smashed popcorn when I just put the vacuum away
275. Jan 5th and no snow
276. 40 degree days in January
277. Clean sheets
278. Clean towels
279. Homemade chicken noodle soup
280. Good conversations

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog. It's a great window into your lives!!!

    I've been blogging for 2 1/2 years and love it. I use it as a journal. It's been so great looking back on what "was". I've even started using "thecutestblogontheblock.com" to print the blog each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,

    I like #268, his reaction when girls running 2 him. I remember those days n those feelings. I still get them but not as many n that will change. I miss them but I dont miss, well u know the rest. It's very interesting on why some peeps blog. I know a person who use 2 b into so much poetry that she turned 2 blogging due 2 being inspired by u so much, u must have touched her heart. Wait, she has a heart, well depends on who u talk 2. Anyways, her blog has turned into a goat rodeo of mostly untruthful statements and thats because she decided 2 blog 2 an audience rather than herself. It's like the media, they print what sells, she writes what she wants others 2 read. If u want others 2 think ur the best u write the best n bring others down. When u write truly from the heart then it dont matter how many or who the audience is. I read it here n there but I do look forward 2 it, it still gives a glimpse into u that even FB cant always do. It's actually a turn off 2 read blogs that are wrote 2 bring others down, well unless I just need a good laugh 4 the day and realize how troubled and sick some1 is. LU

    ReplyDelete