Monday, January 2, 2012

Day #29 - Quiet Time

So… I’m a bit behind… Any blog that I would normally read already has “The Year in Review”. I think I might skip that.

I’ll do this instead.

Babble.

That’s something new, right? Hardly.

Its 826pm. My tree is down. All of our Christmas decorations are packed up and put away. My main floor is clean. The girls are in bed. And I’m alone… ugh… Michael left for Wisconsin at 5pm and I haven’t sat down until now…

We’ve come a long way. He doesn’t travel nearly as much as he used to. He doesn’t really travel barely ever.

It still stinks though.

He’s been gone for 3 ½ hours and I already miss him.

I have plenty to keep me busy… 3 girls for starters… But other projects I want to finish.

I have an end table that needs to be painted, a curtain for Kate’s room I need to finish sewing, a bedroom that desperately needs to be cleaned and possibly rearranged, a Lauren sign and a Madeline sign that I need to make, a basement floor to mop, a kitchen that we want to get painted, trim and doors in the basement that need to be painted too, a closet that needs to be organized, photo books that need to be completed and ordered, laundry (always!)… wow… I’m exhausted just thinking about all that!

He’s only going to be gone until Thursday… And it’s already Monday… No way am I getting all that done in this short amount of time…

I’ll get something accomplished though. I do have 3 evenings all to myself. TV all to myself too, which def doesn’t help. But I’ll stay on task.

I’m thinking about going to look for paint for the kitchen tomorrow. If I could get a jump on that, he’d be blown away.

As long as he doesn’t read this.

That’d ruin the surprise.

He doesn’t read this.

He wouldn’t know the website if you asked him.

And we know you won’t tell him…

Don’t we??

Blessings.

251. Amazing Christmas with an even more amazing family
252. Family pictures
253. The farm
254. Girls night out with my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-laws
255. A great Father-in-law to watch my kiddos
256. Ringing in the New Year with some fun friends
257. Actually making it to midnight for the first time in a real long time.
258. Not needing a babysitter because we have understanding friends that also have kids
259. Back to school routine to start back up tomorrow
260. Quiet evenings to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment