Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day #5 - Long Time Coming

So it's freezing in Michigan, and although most educated people would say that coldness does not make us sick, I beg to differ. We currently have 3 little girls with coughs, runny  noses, and overall ickness, which in turn results in orneryness.

We did decide to leave the house today, in the 14 degree heatwave, and venture out to do a bit of shopping. We went to Menards (I know - SHOCKER!) and WalMart. The excitement never ends around here!!!!

Playoffs are on, I don't care.
But-

Tomorrow evening I start a Bible study. I'm a bit apprehensive, as I've never done one before... And the girls I'm doing it with are "new friends". That is not to suggest that they're not good friends, they're just new... Or I am new, I guess... Because they've all known each other for awhile.
I've struggled to make friends down here. I'm not real sure why... I mean... I know that I feel like it's IMPOSSIBLE to meet people when I don't have a job or go to school and have not found a church that we love yet... But I have met a few people that I guess I just haven't hit it off with.
Maybe I come on too strong? I will admit at this point I'm probably sounding pretty pathetic. We've been down here for two and a half years now. (UGH! That's hard to believe!) So I probably have that look of desperation on my face... I think people might just be running in the other direction.
The women I have met I don't share a whole lot in common with... I've met a crazy partying drinker mom. A married never gonna have children non-mom. An Amish 7 children under 7 mom. A neighbor that invited me for one play date and moved away mom.
Things have not been going my way.
This year my MOPs group has blessed me with these new moms... Wait, I'm new. I'm new. They're not the new ones! I've gotta keep that straight!
I'm excited about what God has in store for me. I know that this Bible study is only going to be fantastic as long as I stay out of God's way! Keep me, and my "friends" in your prayers...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome my baby girl. I agree that the cold Michigan weather has a lot to due with the colds that we all seem to be suffering from. I know mine has been around much too long.
    Bible study is great. You will meet some awesome ladies I hope. Even though I am not in the middle of nowheresville, I too suffer with the ability to find friends. I have not left my home in two days. Partly due to illness and partly because I have nowhere to go. URGGGG.

    Keep up the good work with your blogging and I will continue to follow and support you 100%. I love you babe

    ReplyDelete