Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day #1

(i wrote all this yesterday, in a notebook, with EVERY page covered in drawings by my children. i picked a page that only had yellow crayon on it, so that i would be able to see what i had written to type it up later... so i have 2 posts today... because this one really should have been yesterday. if that makes any kind of sense at all...)

So I've been thinking for months about starting a blog and have just not gotten around to it. You  know the old adage - Life Always Seems To Get In The Way. And I sometimes think I won't have anything interesting to write about, because the really funny or truly enlightening stuff has already come and gone. Within a day of me thinking that however, something else happens that pretty much knocks my socks off...
So today --- Today is day #2 of 4 days of Michael being gone. I'm going to be honest. I knew I'd miss him but I was excited to have the house (and TV) to myself in the evenings. I was looking forward to some quiet, some "me" time, no husband snoring, no military channel. Well, I take all those happy thoughts back now. I truly can't believe I thought I'd have any time to myself that I didn't want to use to curl up into a fetal position and cry. I mean, I'm not a complete basket case or anything... but I'm definitely missing the tag team approach we have mastered in the evenings.
Yea, I'm the stay at home mom with the job I always wanted, the brand new house, the hardworking husband, the 3 beautiful little girls, 2 yellow labs, and even the mini-van (ugh!). but there are days that I think "What was I thinking???? I definitely don't think I knew I was signing up for this!!!"
Would I trade this life for anything? Of course not... and I think God does everything for a reason. Day #2 of 4 days with no Michael was granted to me because I was probably not appreciative enough. I'm so grateful and lucky to have the amazing, understanding, wonderful husband
I have! And I'll remember that on Saturday when he's home with the kids and I'm out sipping on some wine with a couple of my besties....

No comments:

Post a Comment