Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day #12 - Our Battles

I have a friend going thru quite an ordeal right now. Suffice it to say, he has been wrongly accussed, by an evil man, and is now in quite a predicament. I don't feel comfortable giving specifics...
What I am learning from this mess that he's encountered, is that we really need to constantly be aware of how much our words and actions are being scrutinized. I'm learning that sometimes you truly don't realize how you sound, until you replay things in your head (or even listen to them if they've been recorded). I'm learning that manipulation is a very tricky thing and even when you think you've got your wits about you, you might be getting manipulated by the people closest to you... the people you'd never ever expect.
The whole scenario is at best, scary and at the very worst, pushing my friend over the edge. I am really worried about him and the toll this is taking on him and his family.
I'm finding more and more as I grow closer and closer to God, that the devil is really just waiting for a chance to take us down. Honestly! It's so unbelievable how low he will stoop, who he will use, what he will convince people of. Now please don't get me wrong, I don't think that the devil is all-powerful. He can only do so much. (I mean, he's not GOD! Thank GOD!) But he sure can create a whole lot of havoc while he has the opportunity to.
I guess what I'm really getting at is... Take time to speak nice. Take a minute to smile. Enjoy every breath of fresh air. Hug and kiss your children as much (and as often) as you possibly can. Reflect. Communicate clearly. Love totally. And always always pray. God wants the best for us... And we can acheive the best only if we're walking with Him.
And please keep my friend and his family in your prayers.

41. Chocolate chip cookies baking
42. Crying children
43. Time-outs
44. Weekend away with my husband
45. A minute of peace and quiet
46. The sound of yelling and laughing outside
47. Tag
48. Hide and Seek
49. Big hugs
50. And kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment