Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day #10 - And it's March 10th!

Ok... So i just had a real dumb moment that I won't even go into the details on... But it made me realize that I totally always expect the worse.
I mean, I don't just expect it... I anticipate it... I plan for it... I get ready for what my reaction will be before I even know for sure that I'm right... I get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach... And then whammo - I'm totally wrong! Things aren't nearly as bad I thought they were going to be. What the heck?!?
And this is with everything... Example? Madeline got sick all over me this morning. Do I assume she just had too much gas in her belly from a bottle she just finished? No. I assume she's sick and now she'll infect the entire house and I might miss my Bible study because i don't want to infect them and on and on and on. (altho in this case I might be right, because she is running a fever and asleep now.)
I'm a worrier. Worry what people think. Worry what I'll say. Worry what my girls will do. Worry Worry Worry... Prob why in the last couple months I've noticed an increase in my gray hair.
But to worry about things that haven't even happened, and may not even happen... Seriously?... Come on now... Along with making me feel like a complete basket-case, it really can't be healthy right?
I gotta loosen up... I know summer will help... Carefree summertime fun will definitely help.... If it will just hurry up and get here before I worry it away.

2 comments:

  1. Read Matthew 6:25-34...perhaps it will help you put a new perspective on what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry too. I'm better than I use to be- I was down right sickened over my worrying before... but I can't say it's completely behind me. Insecurity for a woman is one of the best messes Satan can trap us in. Just keep reading truth and hiding it in your heart and you'll keep your feet from stumbling in sin!Psalm 119:11
    "Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You."

    ReplyDelete