Thursday, February 21, 2013

Post #54 - A Weekend Away

Tomorrow is the day!

Miko and I haven't been away together for more than one night away from the girls, EVER. Yep, and Madeline is 2. So, for at least that long...

To say I'm excited is an understatement!!

We'll put Kate on the bus in the morning, head over to the farm to drop off Lauren and MJ and then hop on the road. We're headed to Dearborn, to The Henry in Dearborn specifically. There is a Farm Bureau Convention there this weekend.

All expenses paid.

2 overnights in a hotel.

3 meals a day prepared and cleaned up afterwards.

Adult interaction. (farmers... but adults nonetheless-haha)

I'm looking forward to an uninterrupted meal (or 2). I will not miss saying "please keep your feet out of your sister's mouth" or "do not color on your face with that marker!". The laundry will still pile up this weekend, but the dishes will be washed. The beds at home will stay made and my bed at the hotel will be made and I won't be the one to do it.

I'm hoping for a few glasses of wine in the evenings, quiet alone time with my husband and adult conversation.

And then... we'll get back Sunday and Miko will immediately leave to head to Iowa. He'll be gone until Wednesday.

I'll be overwhelmed with dealing with the 3 littles alone, but at least I'll have memories of a wonderful weekend away.






No comments:

Post a Comment