Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day #55 - Getting Back To Basics

I haven't been posting... Obviously, right?!! A lot of the reasons lean on pure laziness, but I've also decided I've been putting unnecessary pressure on myself. I've been feeling like I need something "blog worthy" to post about or it's a waste of time. Feeling like if I'm lacking an "aha moment", I shouldn't take the time to post at all.

This morning, as I relaxed with my cup of coffee before starting my day... As the girls played upstairs (and were totally getting along for more than 5 straight minutes)... I was left with my own peaceful thoughts.

I decided that this blog can be whatever type of outlet I'd like it to be. I can write about whatever I'd like. Duh! I need to stop being over-the-top with ideas of grandeur. I mean, let's be real, I'm not going to get famous over all this.

So today, this is what you get...

My reflections over the last week.
Sunday - Education hour and church with my little family. Michael didn't farm in the morning (it had rained on Saturday) and it was Mothers Day. We went to the farm for lunch. Boog grilled pork chops! Later, Michael went to the field so the girls and I headed into Lansing to see Gee-Gee. We went to dinner, Red Robin - Yum, and visited with her. Good fun!
Monday - Got Kate off to school and took the other 2 littles to the allergist. They did awesome with their allergy testing. Found out they're allergic to everything - not really - a lot! Met Lu at the beauty shop while waiting for their prescriptions. Ended up going on an impromptu lunch date with her to Applebee's!
Tuesday - Homemade bean soup for the farmers and Gee-Gee came out to stay the night because...
Wednesday - Mommy and Kate went on her first field trip with her kindergarten class!! I got to take the bus and everything! We went to CMU, visiting the one room schoolhouse and the children's museum. We had a ton of fun!! Once home, we headed into town to get Kate registered for soccer! She's super excited to play, but glad that it doesn't start until fall. She said "I don't want it to interfere with my summer fun".
Thursday - Garage saling with Lu. The littles love it!!,
Friday - Sale at Nancy's - my favorite!!!! And after school, the Lugnuts game!!! Michael was farming, so we invited Gee-Gee to join us. The game was a ton of fun, kids eat free, and we won! The girls actually really enjoyed the baseball game and were entranced by the fireworks afterwards. Baby MJ didn't go, it was a late night, and she ended up staying the night at the farm with Grammy and Papa. She loved that!
Saturday - Up bright and early to head into Grand Rapids. Took the girls to see Uncle Justin. They LOVE him, probably because he's a big kid himself ;-) We all went to the children's museum there! That's 2 museums in one week for little Kate! The girls loved it! They enjoyed bubble making, arts and crafts, block building... The list goes on and on. After lunch and a visit to the giant tire swing, we headed to EGR to a baby shower. Kristin (michaels cousins wife) is due in August. MJ slept thru most of the party, but the big girls had a ton of fun. Kate even won the belly measurement game! Lol!
Sunday - today. I'm playing hooky from church. Michael is farming. Our house is destroyed because of the crazy busy week we had. And I'm just plain tired. The girls dressed themselves in their bathing suits. It's supposed to be in the 80's today. I need to get laundry and dishes and housework caught up, oh, and a grocery store run slid in there somewhere...

Man, I'm tired from just typing all that out!!! I sure glad every week isn't that chaotic!

Oh, and I'll be real glad when planting is behind us...

2 comments:

  1. I love the "everyday" posts. When I write my blog, and look back, the everyday ones are the ones I love most. Also- don't know if you know about cutestblogontheblock.com, but it's a great site. They can print your blog for you. I've printed mine out the past 3 years. I imagine it will be fun to look back through in 5-10 years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I'll have to check that out. Sometimes when I go back and re-read stuff I almost don't even remember writing it! Weird!
      Miss you guys! Kahle and Karle are getting soooo big!!!

      Delete