Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day #53 - Winter

I'm trying real hard to come up with something inspirational, or thought provoking today... Struggling... My mind just keeps going right back out the window, to the snow, and the wind, and the cold, and the overcast cloudy crud.

Winter does this to me.

Christmas time winter is wonderful. The build up with hopes of a snowy Christmas day I can totally get with.

It's the February 19th, no end in sight, frigid, stuck inside, yuck that I could totally do without.

Every year this happens.

And every year, mid-August, when it's been miserably hot for weeks, I wish for the cold. I long for sweater wearing, scarf toting days... knowing that once they get here I'll wish them away again.

It's like I'm running on a hamster wheel.

I posted on facebook today that I'm ready for summer. I got a lot of "likes" and a few comments. People agree with me.

In August, when I say I'm ready for hats and mittens, chili and homemade bread, will the same people agree? Possibly. Probably.

I'm becoming more and more content in so many areas of my life. Praying for God's help to be happy with the "now".

Don't know if that applies to the weather though... ;o/

No comments:

Post a Comment