Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day #52 - Holding Pattern

The past couple of days, more than once, I have lifted Madeline up... right under her armpits... about 3 inches off the ground and told her to run. She goes bananas, moving her legs as fast as she can. I yell, FASTER! FASTER! And she just continues running, running as quickly as possible, laughing the entire time. It's a funny game - and usually Lauren wants to be next. She's a little more difficult, because she's bigger. And when her little legs get going, she's harder to hold onto. But we manage.
 
Running in place.
Spinning their wheels.
Going no where fast.
 
There was a time, not too long ago, that I was on fire. On fire for new friendships. On fire for the future. On fire for the Lord.
  
Lately.
I'm running in place.
 
I'm trying to get plugged in. And I know it's not instantaneous. Heck, it took me quite awhile when we moved away. But I guess I assumed it'd be quite a bit easier when we came "home". At this point, I'm feeling like I'm in another holding pattern.

But I'm not sure who is holding me under my armpits.

Or why.
Cuz I'm not laughing. This isn't funny or fun.

And I know there's a lesson in this somewhere. I'm just real anxious to find out/figure out what it is.

Contentedness? Patience? Dependence?

I hear ya God. I hear ya.

I mighta just worked that all out in one little blog post...


No comments: