Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day #23 - Being tested

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

I'm stumbling. Seems like I start every post with something along those lines lately... Makes sense actually... Once you see where I'm headed.

I'm learning that the moment you think you've got something licked, you'll be tested in that area. The minute you think you have it figured out, or that something is not a problem in your life along comes the Devil ready to pounce and prove you wrong.

I'm experiencing this over and over and over and over lately. Seriously. And for some reason, although I know the truth, I still stumble over it and get hung up before getting back on course...

Examples? I was just writing, and telling people, how much my communication with my husband has improved. How I love where we're headed. How things have never been better. These things are all true. However, I just found out a new snippet of information that sent me for a tailspin. It's nothing over-the-top. Nothing I can't handle. But, I know it was a bigger deal to me because I was just going on and on about how wonderful things were. I got cut back down to size very quickly there.

Another? Friendships. Wowsa. Not too long ago I was commenting on how secure I am in my friendships. Ugh. Wish I woulda kept that to myself. Since then, I feel like I've been thrown under the bus by one friend. I've reached out repeatedly to someone else that says she needs friends, only to feel excluded by her countless times. I have "friends" that I have to be the one reaching out to all the time lately, or I feel like I wouldn't have any communication with them whatsoever... It's all exhausting, and silly, and I know that. But once again, another test. Gotcha there Satan. I can whip this one too.

I find myself wishing for easier days. Wanting everything to just be roses and rainbows and sunshine... That's not reality. The Bible says believers will be persecuted. There are going to be moments of weakness and woe-is-me. But I'm learning not to stay there. I don't need to reside in that ugly place of feeling sorry for myself.

I am a child of God. He died for my sins. I need to get back on my horse and keep riding.

Although I've felt kicked a few times lately, I will persevere.

171. Sunshine after the storm
172. White blanket of snow
173. Quiet time while the girls were out building a snowman
174. Warm winter jackets
175. Madeline finally leaving her hat on her head
176. 3 girls with 3 adorable haircuts
177. NYE plans for the first time in like 5 years
178. Pizza for dinner since I desperately need to grocery shop but forgot my purse at home today...
179. My beautiful friend that talks me down from the ledge almost daily
180. My amazing little brother who somehow knows to text me exactly what I need to hear, at the exact right moment

No comments:

Post a Comment