Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day #63 - Part 3

So after a long-er-ish break, I had to retread everything I had written to try to get back on track! Man, I really stink at this blogging regularly stuff!

So it's New Years Eve... (Not really, but it's New Years Eve in our story)...

We go to Detroit, we have a TON of fun, share a kiss at midnight, and come back "Michael and Stephanie" in my mind. Things from that point forward move VERY quickly.

We had inventory at work, which for the record, totally blows! It was like 10pm on the Friday night, the first day of counting, when Michael was getting ready to leave work. I had to stay later to get things ready for all the guys to come back at 6am the next morning to resume. I went to him, gave him my key, and told him to just crash out on my couch if he'd like.  He was living at home, about 30 minutes away, at the time and I thought it'd be easier for him to just stay at my place. I half thought he wouldn't take me up on my offer, but he did... and seemed happy about it.

When I got home, much later, he was laying asleep on the couch. I immediately noticed I had a new floor lamp. He kinda woke up and I asked him about it. He said, "it was too dark in here and you didn't have any overhead light, I hope you don't mind. I tried to match your color scheme and decorating style..." I was flabbergasted. It seems so silly now, but I loved that lamp. I just thought he was so thoughtful and considerate!

A couple of days later, I invited him over for dinner... made chili... We joke about it now, but he said when he walked into my apartment and saw what I had going, he just KNEW it was going to be terrible. I was still cutting up peppers, had the meat cooking, and had told him we'd eat in about 30 minutes or so. His mom simmers chili all day, or at least for a few hours, and that was what he was used to. He didn't think it could be done any other way I guess? But I passed the test. He loved my chili, still does, and he still will tell you that meal sealed the deal for him. At that point, he knew I was a keeper.

Things from that point moved very quickly. I never asked Michael to move in with me. We never talked about living together. He just came over, and never left. We never packed his things up at his parents and moved them to Lansing, they just steadily made their way to my place. There was never a box or a bag transported that I can remember. It was actually almost funny the way it worked out.

And the rest is happily ever after... Marriage, 3 little girls, 3 moves later and here we are!

I think I'm going to take a break from the reminiscing. I've got some other ideas floating around in this head of mine...
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment