Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day #16 - Easy is not always easy...

Let me start by explaining something I know to be inherently true about my husband... If you take him to Menard's, you will NOT leave without spending at least $100.

So, Monday, Memorial Day, after an awesome wedding and reception out of town, without children, where I consumed 5 or 6 glasses of wine, and danced my booty off, plus spending some time in downtown Detroit with some of his old buddies sitting on a patio, we arrived back at home at approximately 4pm. We relieved my mother of her babysitting duties (THANKS MOM!) and I thought assumed my position on the couch to veg out for the evening. HA HA to me!

I honestly know better. I do. Michael doesn't really ever just veg. He's always gotta be doing something. So it was probably wishful thinking that playing with the children would keep him entertained for a few hours... Instead, the conversation went something like this:
Him- So now what?
Me- Uh, IDK, what do you wanna do?
Him- Um, something fun with the girls???
Me- Like what?
Him- K. R. A P?
Me- ???? crap???? what????
Him- No, goofy! It's backwards... Think about it!
Me- Oh, duh (Kate knows how to spell park now)
The conversation continued until along those lines until I suggested (dumb? maybe?) that we check out a pool at Menard's. It's on sale for $45, so with our discount, we'd get it for $40.50!!! LOL! So off we went...

Of course, once we arrived, we quickly realized that the $40.50 pool was close to the same size, at least gallons of water wise, as a pool we already have at home. So the great debate began on whether or not we should purchase an "upgrade". That finally resulted in me pretty much throwing my hands up in the air and saying- Whatever you wanna do, babe! Mind you, I've been working on this submission to my husband thing in my Bible study -- so that conclusion wasn't really very hard to come to. (yea me! - lol)

Anyway, $180 later, we left Menard's. And now, it's night 2 of the easy set-up of the Easy Set-Up Pool. Yea, whoever said it was easy is a big hairy ugly liar. And I'd really bet he was big and hairy!!! But anywho... I think we got it! I'm looking out the window at a nearly completed pool, that's actually round, instead of egg shaped. I won't mention how I helped (and read the instructions) on this second set up. oh wait, darn, i mighta just mentioned it, aye?

The girls are gonna love this pool!!!!

Blessings -
83. Wonderful weekend out of town.
84. Fun wonderful in-laws to spend it with. (im soooo lucky there!)
85. Gee-Gee the babysitter!
86. Spending time with an old friend and her adorable son on Saturday.
87. BBQ ribs.
88. Honest John's patio
89. Beautiful weather FINALLY!!!
90. Grill out/bonfire this coming weekend with friends.
91. Air conditioning.
92. Little black dresses.
93. The basement at the Pine Knob Mansion immediately after the outdoor wedding so we were safe during the tornado.
94. No rain or crazy wind during the outdoor wedding.
95. Wonderful waitstaff that still provided us with wine/beer in the basement.
96. Pizza buffet before midnight.
97. Free flip-flops
98. Beautiful king suite at The Hilton.
99. Amazing fun company all weekend.
100. AWESOMENESS!!! I just hit 100!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment